Brushing your hair:
- Brush through twice a day with a soft bristled brush.
- When brushing hair, please start from the bottom and work your way up little by little, holding your hair with the other hand near the roots.
- Do not comb hair from the top down as it may pull.
- Respect your roots; NEVER comb your hair from the roots.
- Detangling on your terms- Make your own detangling spray with sulfate free conditioner. Simply mix 1-part conditioner with 2-parts water in a spray bottle and apply to the extension hair each morning. Be sure to finger comb your hair before using a comb or brush.
- Wash with a sulfate free regimen.
- Wash as you need to, frequent shampooing may damage even the best extension hair. (Less shampooing will also help prolong your color).
- Shampoo in warmer to cooler water rather than hot water.
- Keep the hair clean, when dirt accumulates (including sweat) hair tangles.
- Use good quality moisturizing hair products but avoid heavier conditioners at the root or around the bonds (will cause slipping).
- When in the shower, take the time to run your fingers through your hair to work out any knotting at the root area.
- Avoid oil slicks.
LONG HAIR TIP: use a regular conditioner at the root and a deeper conditioner at the ends of the hair to balance out the porosity.
Sleeping and Activities:
- Tie hair back when sleeping to prevent pulling and tangling
- Try to sleep on a satin pillowcase or wrap head in a satin scarf to avoid tangling.
- Hair applied is 100% human Remy hair so styles away just keep heat away from bonds as it could cause melting.
- When blow-drying hold the dryer about 12” away from your head and sweep the entire head rather than focused heat.
- When blow-drying use a cooler temperature when drying root areas.
Dos and Don’ts:
- Do not use hot tubs or saunas as this can break down bonds.
- Do not use heat on bonds
- Do use a cool temperature hair dryer.
- Do not go to bed with wet hair.
- Do tie your hair back in a braid when sleeping or being active.
- Do use a satin pillowcase.
- DO wear a tight swim cap when swimming; swimming in heavily chlorinated water with fusion extensions can weaken the bond.
- Do not pull or pick at your bonds.
- Do your regular maintenance check (recommended every 6 weeks).
For tips on caring for long hair click here.